Amenity and/or Car Pass Applications
To apply for an Amenity or Car Pass:
- Print-off an Application Form (double sided if possible) - you can download it at the bottom of the page.
- Complete and sign the form and attach a passport sized photograph where indicated (see the Notes below).
- Either post to: Cdr D. Coombes RN, OA Secretary, c/o Wardoom Mess, HMS COLLINGWOOD, Newgate Lane, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1AS, or hand deliver to the OA Sec pigeon hole in the Mess Members Letter Rack.
- OA Secretary will periodically collect, authorise and have the forms actioned by the Security Manager.
- When ready, the passes will be returned in an envelope marked with the applicants name to the OA Sec pigeon hole for collection by the OA Sec, who will take the new passes to the Pass Office, in the Security Gatehouse, and inform the applicant that their pass(es) await their collection from the Pass Office. For identity confirmation, it is advisable to take alternative photographic identity when collecting passes. (Current security restrictions preclude the passes from being posted through normal civilian mail channels).
- For those renewing passes whose details may have changed, please advise our Membership and Social Secretary, Lt Cdr Martin Carr, on email@example.com, who will update the OA Database.
Before printing and completing the Form, please read the following notes:
The Amenity and Car Pass Application Form has been revised to comply with the requirements of Joint Service Publication 440 (UK Defence Manual of Security).
The main changes involve improved verification of the applicants' Identity, Nationality and Proof of Residence.
For Officers' Association(OA) members, who have already had their identity and residency verified routinely throughout their Service careers and when joining the OA, the Security staff have agreed to a sensible relaxation in these requirements.
Section 1 - Applicants Details: Complete fully.
(Note: It is only necessary to attach a new passport-sized photograph if your appearance is changed from the current one. If your existing photograph remains a true likeness, please write 'No Change' in the photo box and initial it).
Section 2 - Identity Verification: Not required for Serving or Retired Officers.
Section 3 - Documents Produced: By reference to my OA Sec records and/or those held in the Wardroom Mess, I will continue to attest to the accuracy of your application form before submitting it to the Security Department.
Sections 4 - Car Pass Application - Fill in the details.
Section 5 - References - Not required for OA members.
Section 7 - Applicant Declaration Sign and Date as required.
(Note: The JSP Reference in Section 8.6 states that applicants' personal information has to be securely kept at all times i.a.w. the Data Protection Act and securely destroyed when either annually renewed or when OA membership is cancelled)
Download the Application Form here.
If you've any queries, please contact Cdr Derek Coombes, OA Secretary, by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org